A little over a year ago David J. Shulkin, MD, was approved by Senate to take over the position of under secretary for health at the VA, after being nominated by President Obama in March 2015. Since his appointment, Shulkin has strongly voiced the importance of improving VA wait times, providing veterans with the utmost quality of care, and championing the VA health care system for its ability to provide services that the private sector cannot.
Here is a collection of articles published by Federal Practitioner featuring David Shulkin, MD, including exclusive interviews and an editorial written by the VA Secretary Nominee himself.
- Shulkin Nominated to Replace McDonald at VA
- Why VA Health Care Is Different
- Shulkin: VA "Not a Political Issue”
- Shulkin Addresses APRN Rule, Health Care Vacancies, and Access
- A New View for the VA
- Nearly 20,000 Comment on Controversial APRN Rule
- McDonald and Shulkin Lay Out Strategies for Eliminating VA Wait Times in 2016
- "Call to Action" on Veteran Suicide Yields Policy Shifts
- New VA Under Secretary of Health Focuses on Access, Employee Engagement
- Senate Confirms New VA Under Secretary for Health