Recommendations: Office setting
- Advise patients to come to the office alone. If the patient requires a companion, a maximum of one adult companion under the age of 60 should be accepted.
- Limit the number of health care team members present in the procedure room.
- Choose the appropriate device(s) that will allow for an effective and fast procedure.
- Use the recommended PPE for all clinicians.
- Limit the movement of staff members in and out of the procedure room.
- When more than one case is scheduled to be performed in the same procedure room, allow enough time in between cases to grant a thorough OR decontamination.
- Allow for patients to recover from the procedure in the same room as the procedure took place in order to avoid potential contamination of multiple rooms.
- Expedite patient discharge.
- Follow up after the procedure by phone or telemedicine.
- Use standard endoscope disinfection procedures, as they are effective and should not be modified.
Continue to: Recommendations: Operating room setting...