Access Dr. Burkman's Webcasts on contraception:
- Emergency contraception: How to choose the right one for your patient
- Contraceptive considerations for women with headache and migraine
- Hormonal contraception and risk of venous thromboembolism
- Oral contraceptives and breast cancer: What’s the risk?
- Factors that contribute to overall contraceptive efficacy and risks
- Obesity and contraceptive efficacy and risks
- How to use the CDC's online tools to manage complex cases in contraception
Helpful resources for your practice:
- United States Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 2016
- United States Medical Eligibility Criteria (US MEC) for Contraceptive Use, 2010
- Summary Chart of US Medical Eligibility for Contraceptive Use
- Book recommendation: Allen RH, Cwiak CA, eds. Contraception for the medically challenging patient. New York, New York: Springer New York; 2014.