CE/CME No: CR-1409
Earn credit by reading this article and successfully completing the posttest and evaluation. Successful completion is defined as a cumulative score of at least 70% correct.
• Define the term concussion.
• Identify the major signs and symptoms of a concussion.
• Discuss the initial management of a pediatric patient with a suspected sports-related concussion.
• Describe the current recommendations for return to play after a pediatric concussion.
• Explain the main challenges clinicians face in the management of pediatric concussions
Sydney Meckler is pursuing her Doctor of Nursing Practice degree at Columbia University, New York City. The author has no significant financial relationships to disclose.
Article begins on next page >>