CE/CME No: CR-1407
Earn credit by reading this article and successfully completing the posttest and evaluation. Successful completion is defined as a cumulative score of at least 70% correct.
• Identify the signs and symptoms of and risk factors for hypothyroidism.
• Name the laboratory tests used to diagnose or rule out hypothyroidism.
• Describe current evidence-based and alternative treatments for hypothyroidism.
• Discuss appropriate long-term follow-up and monitoring of hypothyroidism.
• Instruct patients regarding optimal self-management of hypothyroidism.
Kara-anne Gregory Curl is an Adjunct Clinical Instructor of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, with Medical Faculty Associates at George Washington University in Washington, DC.
The author has no significant financial relationships to disclose.
Article begins on next page >>