CE/CME No: CR-1810
Earn credit by reading this article and successfully completing the posttest and evaluation. Successful completion is defined as a cumulative score of at least 70% correct.
• Distinguish primary tinnitus from secondary tinnitus.
• Understand and implement a full clinical evaluation of tinnitus, including imaging studies when appropriate.
• Discuss expectations regarding treatment options and realistic outcomes of currently recommended therapy.
• Direct patients to specialist care for cognitive behavioral therapy or tinnitus retraining therapy.
• Know when pharmacotherapeutic intervention is indicated.
Wendy Gillian Ross practices urgent care medicine in Lake Grove, New York, and primary care in Patchogue, New York. Randy Danielsen is Professor and Dean, Arizona School of Health Sciences, and Director, Center for the Future of the Health Professions, both at A.T. Still University, in Mesa, Arizona. He is Physician Assistant Editor-in-Chief of Clinician Reviews.
The authors have no financial relationships to disclose.
This program has been reviewed and is approved for a maximum of 1.0 hour of American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) Category 1 CME credit by the Physician Assistant Review Panel. [NPs: Both ANCC and the AANP Certification Program recognize AAPA as an approved provider of Category 1 credit.] Approval is valid through September 30, 2019.
Article begins on next page >>