Vascular Specialist is produced by Frontline Medical Communications in partnership with the Society for Vascular Surgery to provide independent reporting focused on impacting the way vascular specialists practice medicine and news from SVS to keep members up-to-date on educational opportunities and policy initiatives.
For online advertising and sponsorship rates and information, please contact:
Advertising Sales Director
National Account Manager
Vascular Specialist Advertising & Promotions Policy
These guidelines govern various aspects of Advertising on the Vascular Specialist digital network and other Sites of Frontline Medical News. These Sites are directed to healthcare professionals. In this document, the terms "Advertising" and "Advertisements" include third party banners, badges, contextual Advertising, Sponsored Content, and Promotions. The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements and Promotions by Frontline Medical News and its affiliated Sites, how Advertisements and Promotions are displayed on Frontline Medical News, and the removal of Advertisements and Promotions from Frontline Medical News. Frontline Medical News has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the Frontline Medical News. Frontline Medical News may change this policy at any time by posting a revised policy to the applicable Frontline Medical News Sites.
- Frontline Medical News has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on Frontline Medical News, and under no circumstances will Frontline Medical News’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
- Frontline Medical News will not accept Advertising that, in Frontline Medical News’ opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste.
- There are certain categories of advertisements that Frontline Medical News will not permit on the Frontline Medical News at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- illegal or objectionable products
- fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material
- material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for the Frontline.
- weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- pornography or related themes
- tobacco use of any kind
- the simulation of news or an emergency
- material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children
- media or messages for or that reference "M" rated video games or content
- unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims
- media messages or imagery that strobe or flash
- media or messages that contain unsubstantiated "miracle" weight loss or other miracle claims of cure
- advertising units that extend beyond the defined advertising space or interfere with the content or impact the readability of the content without user initiation
- advertising units that do not retract to the defined advertising space upon user scroll off or contain a "close" or "X" for user to retract or close the ad unit/message after user initiation
- advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit
- Advertisers must only offer products or services. The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as Advertising.
- Frontline Medical News recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between advertising and sponsored content and editorial content. All Advertising, promotional, sponsored or marketing content on Frontline Medical News Sites will be clearly and unambiguously identified. Frontline Medical News will not allow any Advertising on at Frontline Medical News Sites that is not identified with the label of "Advertisement."
- A click on an Advertisement may only link the end user to the third-party advertiser's site or to relevant sponsored content area on a Frontline Medical News Site.
- While third party (sponsor produced) content must adhere to this Advertising Policy, labeling of Sponsored Content on the Frontline Medical News Sites is governed by Our Sponsor Policy, which describes how we label information from our Sponsors and the steps we take to help our end users understand the differences between Frontline Medical News content and Sponsored content.
- Advertising on the Frontline Medical News Sites may not link directly to a registration/email capture page. Any user registration or email capture pages resulting from an ad click must be, at minimum, two clicks away from the original Advertisement. Frontline Medical News will not run Advertising that requires registration and/or log-in in order to view a significant portion of the content of the Advertising or the related site. Frontline Medical News reserves the right to determine what level is 'significant'.
- Frontline Medical News reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the Frontline Medical News Sites for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. Frontline Medical News also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on the Frontline Medical News Sites.
- It is the Advertiser's responsibility to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. This includes pharmaceutical advertising to physicians that must comply with FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and advertising. Frontline Medical News will not monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations. However, Frontline Medical News reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if Frontline Medical News becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, Frontline Medical News may remove the Advertising.
- No Advertising on the Frontline Medical News Sites shall include any pixels, tags, flash containers or any other type of information collection software code or shall place any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of Frontline Medical News Users unless expressly approved in writing by Frontline Medical News.
- No Advertising will be allowed on the Frontline Medical News Sites that could injure the good name or reputation of Frontline Medical News or any Frontline Medical News Site.