Dr. Cara King (@drcaraking) hosts endometriosis patient advocate and educator Nancy Petersen, (@nancynursez637) retired RN who developed with David Redwine, MD, the first endometriosis excision treatment program in the United States. Nancy has spoken on the topic of endometriosis across the nation and currently serves as a mentor to women with the disease through Nancy’s Nook, a Facebook resource for endometriosis education, discussion, and support.
- Are residents exposed enough to endometriosis education?
- Targeting MIGS programs
- The role of imaging in identifying endometriosis and preop planning
- The importance of patients having high-volume surgeons
- The strength of a multidisciplinary team
- Nancy’s knowledge gathering in the disease state
- Nancy’s Nook educates patients with endometriosis to advocate for themselves
- How Nancy selects surgeons to be on their recommended list
- Pregnancy before or after surgery?
- Contacting physicians that you’ve visited in the past with no cure
- Nancy’s one piece of advice to physicians who treat endometriosis
- Multispecialty treatment centers
* * *
* * *
This podcast is developed in collaboration with the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons
Email the show: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more MDedge Podcasts, go to mdedge.com/podcasts