A supplement to Internal Medicine News.
This supplement was sponsored by Amylin.
• Should Minimal Blood Glucose Variability Become the Gold Standard of Glycemic Control?
• Contributions of Fasting and Postprandial Plasma Glucose Increments to the Overall Diurnal Hyperglycemia of Type 2 Diabetic Patients
• Addition of Biphasic, Prandial, or Basal Insulin to Oral Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes
• Effects of Intensive Glucose Lowering in Type 2 Diabetes
• Pramlintide as an Adjunct to Insulin in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes in a Clinical Practice Setting Reduced A1C, Postprandial Glucose Excursions, and Weight
• Pramlintide as an Adjunct to Insulin Therapy Improves Long-Term Glycemic and Weight Control in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes: A 1-Year Randomized Controlled Trial
• Amylin Replacement with Primlintide as an Adjunct to Insulin Therapy Improves Long-Term Glycemic and Weight Control in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A 1-Year, Randomized Controlled Trial
• Important Safety Information and SYMLIN Prescribing Information
Steven V. Edelman, MD
Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, California
Founder and Director, Taking Control of Your Diabetes, 501(3)
Del Mar, California
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine
Dr. Edelman is a consultant to and speaker for Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Novo Nordisk A/S, and sanofi-aventis U.S., LLC.