A Case for Prioritizing Global Health Diplomacy
Matthew Lim, MD and Thomas E. Novotny, MD, MPH
Dr. Lim is a medical officer at the Department of Epidemic Alert and Response, part of the Health Security and Environment Cluster at the World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland. Dr. Novotny is a professor of global health at the Graduate School of Public Health at San Diego State University, San Diego, CA.
Emerging (and reemerging) infectious diseases (EIDs) continue to be a major concern to public health officials at local, national, and international levels. Severe acute respiratory syndrome, dengue fever, chikungunya virus, reemerging viral hemorrhagic fevers, and highly pathogenic avian influenza virus are just a few of the identified infectious disease risks in this new millennium.
Government & Regulations
Massive Gap in HIV Screening
Vaginal Ring May Protect Against HIV
HIV Antibody Infusion Safely Reduces Viral Load
HIV Patients Promote Getting Treated
Finding Ways to Overcome HIV and Domestic Violence
Initiatives Aim at Improving HIV and Mental Health Services
IHS Takes Aim at HIV
HIV Research Has Women to Thank; What the Affordable Care Act Means for the IHS; Making It Easier to Get the Right Health Care; Job Training for Veterans With Disabilities
Veterans May Have Been Exposed to HIV While Receiving VA Care
VHA Facilities Improve Colonoscope Reprocessing Compliance
- Diabetes News: Mixed
- Do black patients with type 2 diabetes gain cardiac benefit from the SGLT2 and GLP-1 drugs?
- Cell count ratios appear to predict thromboembolism in lymphoma
- Partners in Oncology Care: Coordinated Follicular Lymphoma Management
- For tough AML, half respond to selinexor plus chemotherapy
Occupational Hazard: Disruptive Behavior in Patients
A Primary Care Provider’s Guide to Cataract Surgery in the Very Elderly
Effects of Process Improvement on Guideline-Concordant Cardiac Enzyme Testing
Clinical Pharmacist Credentialing and Privileging: A Process for Ensuring High-Quality Patient Care
Use of GBCA in MRIs for High-Risk Patients
Fast Facts Friday: June 21, 2019
Quiz yourself on the top articles of the week.
This week's topics: Toxic Sept. 11 dust, pregnancy and pot, surprise bills, suicide rate, and skin testing shortage.
Preexposure Prophylaxis to Prevent HIV Acquisition
December 8, 2015
Pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent HIV-1 infection
September 22, 2015
Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV
August 4, 2015
Physicians’ Travel & Meeting Guide
- 8th Annual Essentials in Primary Care
- 27th International Conference & Exhibition on Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine | World Cardiology | Heart rhythm | Cardiology summit | Euro cardiology | Cardiologists | Cardiac surgery | Global cardiology Congress | Cardiology summit | Heart
- 2nd International Conference on Biological & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 7th International Conference on Hepatology
- 6th Global Experts Meeting on Cardiovascular Pharmacology