Head injury: Which patients need imaging? Which test is best?

Author and Disclosure Information

ABSTRACTSome patients with head injuries definitely need to undergo an imaging study—usually computed tomography (CT). Most, however, are in a category of "apparently mild" injury, and controversy continues about which of them need to undergo imaging studies to rule out intracranial injuries.


Next Article: