If you are not already a member of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) or you know an interested non-member colleague who is attending the Clinical Congress 2018 in Boston, MA, visit the Become a Member booth to apply for ACS membership. The membership application fee will be waived for individuals who apply at the meeting.
The Become a Member booth will be located in the Registration Area of the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center and will be open the same hours as registration, which are as follows:
• Sunday, October 21: 7:00 am–6:00 pm
• Monday, October 22: 6:30 am–5:00 pm
• Tuesday, October 23: 7:00 am–4:00 pm
• Wednesday, October 24: 7:00 am–4:00 pm
• Thursday, October 25: 7:00–10:00 am
Plan ahead to apply at the meeting for one of the following membership categories and have access to the documents listed to support and speed up your application process:
• Fellows (U.S. and Canada): Copy of board certification document, current curriculum vitae (CV), and names of five ACS Fellows to serve as references. Watch the video about the domestic application process at www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VUqvveNYf8&.
• International Fellows: Copy of medical license, board/country certification document, current CV, and names of three ACS Fellows to serve as references. Watch the video about the international application process at www.youtube.com/watch?v=djoMUAUTA4I.
• Associate Fellows: Copy of residency completion document or an official board/country certification document.
• Residents: Letter verifying training status.
• Medical Students: Letter verifying educational status.
• Affiliate Members: The name of a Fellow as a reference.
Familiarize yourself with the ACS Member Benefits (facs.org/member-services/benefits) and make time to apply for membership while at the meeting. For additional information, contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-621-4111. We look forward to assisting you.