The American College of Surgeons (ACS), in association with Pfizer, Inc., has begun accepting nominations for the 2018 Surgical Volunteerism and Humanitarian Awards. These annual awards recognize surgeons who have made significant contributions to communities in need of surgical aid, be that through organized volunteer activities or through the dedication of a significant portion of their surgical career to the underserved or a retirement characterized by surgical outreach.
More ACS News
This Just In
- Ertapenem slashes surgical site infections in carriers of ESBL-producing bacteria
- Registration Now Open for 2018 ACS Quality and Safety Conference
- Endometriosis pain stemming from pelvic spasms improved with botulinum toxin
- Hot Threads in the ACS Communities
- VTE risk after bariatric surgery should be assessed
- Federal court puts chill on Maryland drug price-gouging law
- Will patients get on board with CMS’s new health data approach?
- Surgeries account for almost half of hospital costs
- Musculoskeletal procedures predominate in top 20 surgeries
- Applications for ACS Academy of Master Surgeon Educators are now being accepted –