The American College of Surgeons (ACS) Committee on Diversity Issues (CODI) is seeking candidates to fill two vacancies on the committee beginning in October 2017.
The mission of the Committee on Diversity Issues is to study the educational and professional needs of underrepresented surgeons and surgical trainees and the impact that its work may have on the elimination of health care disparities among diverse population groups.
Surgeons interested in developing initiatives to expand diversity within the ACS membership and leadership and to developing resources and programming for surgeons related to diversity and cultural competency should apply. Nominations are open to all, and the committee encourages representation by individuals of diverse cultural, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be an active Fellow of the ACS
- Be able to serve an initial three-year term: 2017–2020
- Attend one in-person meeting at the annual ACS Clinical Congress
- Participate in quarterly conference calls
- Contribute to committee initiatives
To apply, go toto access the application and submit by June 30.
Applicants will need to do the following:
- Upload a summary of your curriculum vitae (five pages or less)
- Upload a letter of interest highlighting your skills and expertise, along with contributions you would like to make to the committee
Eligible candidates will be selected and notified by the committee in July and will be invited to attend the October 23 meeting of the Committee on Diversity Issues as guests. This meeting is held in conjunction with the 2017 Clinical Congress in San Diego. Travel reimbursement will not be provided.
Direct questions to.