The American College of Surgeons (ACS) Women in Surgery Committee (WiSC) is seeking candidates to fill three vacancies on the committee beginning in October 2016. Nominations are due Thursday, June 30.
The committee is seeking to fill the vacancies with men and women surgeons who are interested in advancing the role of women in the ACS and in encouraging and mentoring women in surgery. The committee encourages representation by individuals of diverse cultural, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
Nominees must be ACS Fellows or Associate Fellows who are able to fulfill the following responsibilities:
• Serve an initial three-year term: 2016-2019
• Attend two in-person meetings annually – one during the ACS Leadership & Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC, in the spring, and the other at the annual ACS Clinical Congress
• Participate in quarterly conference calls
• Actively serve on one subcommittee
• Contribute to committee initiatives
Nominees should submit:
• A letter of interest highlighting their skills and expertise, along with contributions they could offer the committee
• A five-page or shorter summary of their curriculum vitae
Nominations should be submitted to Connie Bura, Associate Director, ACS Division of Member Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.