Click here to read the latest issue of ACS Surgery News.
Banish high-risk foods, reintroduce one at a time.
NEW YORK – A large tertiary care hospital with a high rate of elective radical cystectomy postoperative complications implemented an ERAS protocol...
SAN DIEGO – The patient’s failure to complete previously recommended pedophilia treatment proves fateful.
DENVER - The Pelvic Floor Disorders Registry (PFDR) is well underway, with nearly 1,800 patients enrolled to date, Catherine Bradley, MD, said...
DENVER - Using absorbable polydioxanone suture during laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy was associated with a mesh erosion rate of just 1.6%, according...
Key clinical point: Androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer is associated with increased risk for clinical depression. Major finding: Men...
Key clinical point: A modeling study found that screening for prostate-specific antigen could be cost effective if low-risk cases are not treated...
Key clinical point: Immunizing surgical patients against seasonal influenza before they leave the hospital appears safe. Major finding: Patients...
Key clinical point: Minimizing cross-clamp time may reduce the rate of acute renal failure 30 days post op in infected EVAR explantation patients...
Key clinical point: Heparin and warfarin were linked to similar rates of postcystectomy venous thromboembolism. Major finding: Symptomatic VTE...
- Prehospital tourniquets in civilian settings significantly decreased mortality
- MACRA Monday: Advance care plan
- Robot-assisted abdominoperineal resection outperforms open or laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancers
- Hospital mortality for emergency bowel resection linked to failure to rescue
- ACS Clinical Congress: Don’t miss these sessions
- For interstitial cystitis, restrictive diet pays off
- ERAS program cuts complications after radical cystectomy
- Should convicted sex offender get penile prosthetic implant?
- Registry helps track pelvic organ prolapse outcomes in the U.S.
- POP severity not linked to risk of de novo stress urinary incontinence