Carotid Disease & Stroke
- FDA panel supports Vascepa expanded indication for CVD reduction
- Low LDL-C and blood pressure can reduce lifetime CVD risk by 80%
- White and black patients have similar rates of giant cell arteritis
- Carotid ultrasound may aid cardiovascular risk stratification of patients with psoriatic disease
- Alirocumab gains indication to reduce cardiovascular risks
- Deep sleep decreases, Alzheimer’s increases
- In Medicare population, carotid revascularization has declined
- Redo carotid endarterectomy is more risky than previously estimated
- Healthier lifestyle in midlife women reduces subclinical carotid atherosclerosis
- Open AAA repair mortality rates doubled for very-low-volume surgeons
Commentary: Should AVFs be ligated after kidney transplant?
Some patients leave a scar on you
Reflections on women in surgery
Continuous certification – Not just one more hoop to jump through
Guest editorial: Best of both worlds
Should toe amputation be delayed in diabetic patients with osteomyelitis?
Point/Counterpoint: Should FEVAR be used for a short neck?
Point/Counterpoint: Is endograft PAA repair durable?
Should clopidogrel be discontinued prior to open vascular procedures?