6. Vik-Mo AO, Fernø J, Skrede S, et al. Psychotropic drugs up-regulate the expression of cholesterol transport proteins including ApoE in cultured human CNS and liver cells. BMC Pharmacol. 2009;9:10.
7. Dean B, Digney A, Sundram S, et al. Plasma apolipoprotein E is decreased in schizophrenia spectrum and bipolar disorder. Psychiatry Res. 2008; 158(1):75-78.
8. Garver DL, Holcomb JA, Christensen JD. Compromised myelin integrity during psychosis with repair during remission in drug-responding schizophrenia. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2008; 11(1):49-61.
9. Chen CC, Huang TL. Effects of antipsychotics on the serum BDNF levels in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2011;189(3):327-330.
10. Vaidya VA, Marek GJ, Aghajanian GK, et al. 5-HT2A receptor-mediated regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA in the hippocampus and the neocortex. J Neurosci. 1997;17(8):2785-2795.
11. Hu X, Zhou H, Zhang D, et al. Clozapine protects dopaminergic neurons from inflammation-induced damage by inhibiting microglial overactivation. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2012;7(1):187-201.
12. Anderson G, Berk M, Dodd S, et al. Immuno-inflammatory, oxidative and nitrosative stress, and neuroprogressive pathways in the etiology, course and treatment of schizophrenia. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2013;42:1-4.
13. Dodd S, Maes M, Anderson G, et al. Putative neuroprotective agents in neuropsychiatric disorders. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2013;42:135-145.
14. Amminger GP, Schäfer MR, Papageorgiou K, et al. Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids for indicated prevention of psychotic disorders: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010;67(2):146-154.