Nick and Emi Okamoto, MD, take the weekly quiz, Dr. Emi gives advice for talking to your friends and family about your crazy schedule, and can you tell if it's advice for residents or advice for newlyweds?
- MDedge Quiz (02:09)
- Advice Game: Newlyweds or Residents? (06:45)
- This week in MedTwitter (09:46)
- How to participate in holidays when you're working/can't make it (10:58)
- "I feel, I think, I want," educating your family (11:55)
- Health equity (13:33)
- Interview Intro (15:27)
- Interview with Ilana Yurkiewicz, MD. 18:15)
- Meet Dr. Yurkiewicz: family, hobbies, etc. (31:06)
- What Dr. Yurkiewicz reads, Ted Cheng - Story of Your Life, Arrival (33:35)
- Best advice for residency/internship: (36:53)
- Worst advice for residency/internship (39:28)
- Dr. Yurkiewicz on the future of Hem/Onc.
- Credits (46:16)
- Blood & Cancer Clinical Correlation (47:07)
MDedge Weekly quiz source articles:
- The Effects persist for children who witnessed 9/11
- Study Finds CBD effective in treating heroin addiction
- Thousands of cancer diagnoses tied to a poor diet, study finds
- A cadet died in a tragedy. Now is parents can use his sperm to create his child, a judge rules
- FDA clears first diagnostic tests for extragenital testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea
You can take this or more MDedge Quizzes by clicking this link.
Tweet of the week: "The most frustrating thing about being a nurse (or in the medical field period) is the complete lack of understanding or empathy for our schedules by some." -- Ari BSN, RN @ArianaMasGrande
Dr. Okamoto's strategy is "I think, I feel, I want."
Emi's passion for healthcare for all humans. Read more about health equity here.
This week's guest is Ilana Yurkiewicz, MD, a hem/onc fellow at Stanford. She writes the Hard Qeustions Columng for MDedge Hematology/Oncology and writes/records/produces the Clinical Correlation segment of Blood & Cancer, the official podcast of MDedge Hematology/Oncology.
Dr. Yurkiewicz's 's articles:
Links from the interview: