Dr. Javier Magrina joins host Dr. Cara King (@drcaraking) live at the 2019 annual AAGL conference. Other experts join in the discussion, including Pouran Malekzadeh, MD; Laura Cano, MD; Rashad Pasic, MD; and Luis Gonzalez, MD.
- Dr. Magrina’s path to pelvic surgery
- The creation of ObGyn as a specialty 130 years ago
- Limitations of low-volume surgeries
- General ObGyn residency programs vs tracking residency programs
- What the United States can learn from other countries
- When to incorporate experts from other specialties into pelvic surgery
- Video review of surgery, and it role in evaluating surgical skill
- Subspecializing in surgery
- Assessing residents for surgical expertise
- What makes a good mentor?
- Dr. Magrina’s most influential mentors
- What can a mentee do to enhance the relationship with a mentor?
- Dr. Magrina’s advice to the graduating resident
- Views from podcast listeners on, “Should the OB be separated from the GYN?”
This podcast is developed in collaboration with the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons
Email the show: [email protected]
For more MDedge Podcasts, go to mdedge.com/podcasts