Ruxolitinib treatment was well tolerated before and after allogeneic stem cell transplant (alloSCT) in a small retrospective analysis involving 15 individuals with myelofibrosis. Investigators looked at alloSCT outcomes in participants with myelofibrosis who—along with reduced intensity conditioning—received ruxolitinib before and after alloSCT (n=4), prior to alloSCT (n=7), or not at all (n=4). Among the results:
- Ruxolitinib was administered an average 8.3 months before and 12.5 months post-alloSCT.
- Average neutrophils engraft days for patients who received ruxolitinib before and after alloSCT was 13.3 days.
- The averages for those who received ruxolitinib before alloSCT or did not receive it were 13.6 and 16 days, respectively.
- Average spleen size reductions 6 months after alloSCT were 26%, 18%, and 18%, respectively.
- All patients were reported alive and in complete remission.
Poulose J, Malysz J, Claxton D, et al. Impact of ruxolitinib in myelofibrosis allogeneic stem cell transplant outcome: A pilot study. [Published online ahead of print December 7, 2017]. Blood. 130 (Suppl 1), 5543.
This Week's Must Reads
HCV Screening Program in a Large Birth Cohort, Open Forum Infect Dis; ePub 2018 Mar 26; Cornett, et al
Do Electronic Reminders Aid in HCV Screening?, J Viral Hepat; ePub 2018 Mar 30; MacLean, et al
HCV Screening Shows Minimal Increase Overall , Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 2018 Apr; Kasting, et al
Improving Access to HCV Medications, J Manag Care Spec Pharm; 2018 Apr; Vu, et al
Previous HBV & Clinical Outcomes in HCV, J Viral Hepat; ePub 2018 Mar 25; Wang, et al
Must Reads in Hematologic Malignancies
Prognostic Score System for Patients with PMF, J Clin Oncol; ePub 2017 Dec 9; Gugliemelli, et al
These Patients Are More Apt to Be Depressed, Ann Hematol; ePub 2017 Dec 7; Shreders, et al
Survival Length Shortest in These Patients with MF, Eur J Haematol; ePub 2017 Dec 11; Masarova, et al
The Value of Ruxolitinib Before and After AlloSCT, Blood; ePub 2017 Dec 7; Poulose, Malysz, et al
Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors in Pediatric ALL, Hematology 2017; 2017 Dec 8; Silverman, et al