Advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (CSCC) often carries a poor prognosis. 1 However, historically, pateints have lacked FDA-approved treatment options, and evidence regarding systemic treatment for advanced CSCC has been limited.
This supplement discusses:
- CSCC incidence, including prevalence among active-duty military service members and veterans
- Diagnosis and treatment guidelines
- Local and advanced stage CSCC treatment options
- Clinical trial results of a systemic therapy for advanced CSCC
1. Burton K, Ashack K, Khachemoune A. Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: A review of high-risk and metastatic disease. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2016;17(5):491-508.