Just a few weeks ahead of CHEST 2023, we’re sharing the can’t-miss opportunities available on site at the meeting.
Beyond the top-tier education, CHEST 2023 has a lot to offer attendees in the way of networking, development, and unique experiences that will all make for a memorable meeting.
We’re sharing a preview of the many opportunities that will be available over the 4 days of the meeting. For more specifics on these events, including locations, visit the CHEST 2023 website. You can also download the CHEST 2023 mobile app, which will be available in mid-September.
Networking and development
• For those who want to get more involved with the CHEST community, the Networks Mixer (Monday, October 9, 4 PM HST) is open to all who’d like to learn more about the seven CHEST Networks and the 21 clinically-focused Sections within them.
• The annual Women in Chest Medicine Luncheon (Monday, October 9, 12:45 PM HST) will feature a panel of three women speaking about their experiences, their advice, how to support other women in the field, and more. This event is free, but preregistration is required. Scan the QR code to sign up.
• The first-ever Ohana Mixer (Tuesday, October 10, 6 PM HST) is an opportunity for CHEST attendees to celebrate the spirit of community that unites us across our differences. Attendees can network with each other, meet the members of our newly formed Interest Groups – including the leaders of our Women in Chest Medicine Interest Group and Respiratory Care Interest Group – and socialize with presenters from our three local CHEST Community Connections organizations.
• The Trainee Lounge will feature activities like speed mentoring, a lunch and learn with the Keynote Speaker, Dr. Cedric “Jamie” Rutland, financial wellness presentations, and more.
• The Opening Session (Sunday, October 8, 3:15 PM HST) will showcase traditional Hawaiian performances and the Keynote Address from Dr. Rutland. Immediately following, the CHEST Welcome Reception will feature live music and a traditional Hawaiian luau.
• For the second year, CHEST After Hours (Monday, October 9, 3 PM HST) will feature clinicians sharing stories of their personal triumphs, tribulations, and more experiences within medicine.
• Each year, the CHEST Challenge Championship (Tuesday, October 10, 7 PM HST) gives pulmonary and critical care medicine fellows-in-training an opportunity to compete in a live Jeopardy-style game – with bragging rights and cash prizes on the line.
• The Wellness Zone has a packed schedule of events, including beachy workouts, food demonstrations, meditation, and more.
Exhibit hall activities
• Opportunities to network with and hear presentations from local Hawaiian organizations, such as the Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center
• Hands-on, experiential education escape rooms
• Live educational games, including Hocus POCUS Diagnosis, PulmMemory, Peer Pressure, and more
• Simulation experiences, including Aspirated and Need for Speed – Airway Bleed
Mark your calendars now to participate in all that CHEST 2023 has to offer. We’ll see you in Hawai’i!