CHEST 2019 will be in New Orleans, Louisiana, this year, October 19-23. Here are a few ways to be engaged leading up to the meeting.
Submit Abstracts and Case Reports
Do you have original investigative research to share? There’s still some time to submit your abstracts and case reports for presentation at CHEST 2019 through Friday, March 15. If accepted, all abstracts and case reports will be published as submitted in an online CHEST® journal abstract supplement. No corrections will be made once submission is complete.
View submission details (https://chestmeeting.chestnet.org/abstracts-and-case-reports/)
Call for Moderators
CHEST is currently requesting moderators to facilitate discussions, questions, and answers within assigned sessions on-site at CHEST 2019 in New Orleans. Moderators will be notified June to September of their acceptance as a moderator.
CHEST Challenge 2019
US-based CHEST fellows-in-training - does your fellowship have what it takes to win CHEST Challenge 2019? CHEST Challenge is a fun and exciting competition in which CHEST fellows-in-training compete against programs around the country for honor and prizes! The first round of the competition consists of two parts: social media challenges and online quiz. The aggregate score for both of these components will be used to identify the top three highest scoring teams. These top three teams will then be invited to send three fellows each to the CHEST Challenge Championship, a Jeopardy-style game show that takes place live during the CHEST Annual Meeting.
See the rules and how to participate. (chestchallenge.org)
Apply for CHEST Foundation Grants
The CHEST Foundation has awarded more than $10 million in grant funding to nearly 800 recipients worldwide for clinical research and community service. Each year, the CHEST Foundation offers grants to worthy research candidates, generous community service volunteers, and distinguished scholars in a field of expertise.
The CHEST Foundation is accepting grant applications now through April 8, 2019, in the following areas:
• CHEST Foundation Community Service Grant Honoring D. Robert McCaffree, MD, Master FCCP – Up to $15,000 (multiple recipients selected)*
• The GlaxoSmithKline Distinguished Scholar in Respiratory Health – $150,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Asthma – $15,000 – $30,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – $25,000 – $50,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Cystic Fibrosis – $15,000 – $30,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Lung Cancer – $50,000 – $100,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Nontuberculous Mycobacteria Diseases – $30,000 – $60,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension – $25,000 – $50,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Pulmonary Fibrosis – $25,000 – $50,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Venous Thromboembolism – $15,000 – $30,000*
• CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Women’s Lung Health – $10,000*
*Amount contingent on funding.
Learn more on how to apply now. (https://foundation.chestnet.org/grants/apply-for-a-grant/)