Click here to read the latest issue of Oncology Practice
Bevacizumab-awwb is approved for the treatment of adults with certain colorectal, lung, brain, kidney, and cervical cancers.
Intensive, up-front treatment may help elderly patients with glioblastoma the most.
CHICAGO – For patients with asymptomatic brain metastases from melanoma who had not had prior treatment, nivolumab combined with ipilimumab...
Gleolan received FDA approval on June 7.
CHICAGO – A trend was observed in longer overall survival among those patients who received recommended treatments.
CHICAGO – Lead study investigator David Hyman, MD, discusses the integrated analysis of three larotrectinib trials and the drug’s regulatory...
Adding an immunostimulatory cytokine to CAR-T improved the adaptive immunotherapy’s activity against aggressive pediatric brain malignancies.
BOSTON – Primary site irradiation in children with medulloblastoma can be limited to the tumor bed rather than the whole posterior fossa.
Key clinical point: Stereotactic radiosurgery following brain metastases resection was associated with similar survival but less toxicity than was...
Key clinical point: A heat shock protein peptide vaccine appears safe and effective for patients with glioblastoma in an early stage trial. Major...
Key clinical point: Combining temozolomide with radiotherapy prolongs survival for elderly with glioblastoma. Major finding: Combining...
Key clinical point: Neuroblastoma event-free survival was better with tandem than with single ASCT. Major finding: Event-free survival was 61%...
Key clinical point: IL-2 adds no benefit, only toxicity, to neuroblastoma antibody therapy. Major finding: Only 61% of treatment cycles were...
Key clinical point: Adjuvant temozolomide post-radiation improves survival in non-1p/19q-deleted anaplastic glioma. Major finding: Adjuvant...
Key clinical point: A phase I trial indicates that Toca 511 is safe and shows activity in treating patients with high-grade or recurrent...
- VIDEO: Immune therapy effective, durable in treatment-naive melanoma brain metastases
- VIDEO: Routine genomic testing identifies actionable alterations in 52% of tumors
- VIDEO: TRK inhibitor shows 76% ORR across diverse cancers harboring TRK fusions
- Modifying CAR-T with IL-15 improved activity in glioma models
- Limit primary site radiation, but not craniospinal dose in medulloblastoma
FDA Approves First Biosimilar to Treat Cancer
September 19, 2017
Chemo Regimens for High-Grade Gliomas
August 1, 2017
FDA Approves Gleolan for Use During Glioma Surgery
June 20, 2017
Cochrane on Sampling or Removal of Low-Grade Glioma
May 2, 2017
Model Stratifies Outcomes in Glioblastoma Patients
January 17, 2017
CNS malignancies: Laboratory studies, imaging, & molecular markers
Medical Education Library
- Rituximab improves salvage in elderly B-cell lymphoma patients
- Irradiation safe, effective as chemotherapy before cell transplant in mantle cell lymphoma
- Robotic-assisted pulmonary lobectomy effective for large tumors
- Papillary thyroid microcarcinoma: Is ‘less is more’ the right approach?
- Study: EHR malpractice claims rising
Physicians’ Travel & Meeting Guide
- The 3 “Rx’s” of Prescribing Controlled Substances: Rules, Regulations, and Risks
- Women's Health Bahamas Cruise
- Topics in Critical Care/Pulmonary Medicine Western Europe Cruise
- The Thrill is Gone: Beating Depression/Anxiety/Narcotics Addiction Southern Caribbean Cruise
- Clinical Reviews 2017: 28th Annual Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Update