These 4 cases illustrate how weight loss drugs—including the 4 newest—can be integrated into a treatment plan that includes diet, exercise, and...
Initial head and neck CT scans following a syncopal episode were unrevealing. Two weeks later, a follow-up scan painted a different picture.
EVIDENCE-BASED ANSWER: Yes, but not as effective as some other methods. Annual pregnancy rates in women using pericoital levonorgestrel 150 mcg to...
Is 5 days of antibiotic therapy really sufficient for adults hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia?
► Red and white intraoral lesion
► History of liver cirrhosis
► History of smoking and alcohol misuse
Remember that a 5% to 10% weight loss is beneficial—especially for patients with diabetes.
Most PTSD cases occur among civilians—not combat veterans. And most sufferers avoid talking about their experiences, making attentiveness to...
You can improve health outcomes and patient satisfaction—without increasing the length of the patient visit—by employing the tenets of shared...
Some share features, making them difficult to distinguish. Others may not be on your radar. Here we review 8 you’re likely to see or need to...
In this "3 in 3" video, Edwin A. Salsitz, MD, draws from the “CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain” to offer practical guidance...
That is the question. In this month’s audiocast, Doug Campos-Outcalt, MD, MPA, details 4 guidelines that diverge on the issue and uses a single...
Hot Topics in Primary Care
- Hot Topics in Primary Care
- Major Depressive Disorder in the Primary Care Setting: Strategies to Achieve Remission and Recovery
- Practical Approaches in the Management of Bipolar Depression: Overcoming Challenges and Avoiding Pitfalls
- A Special Supplement on Women’s Health
- Integrating Incretin-Based Therapy into Type 2 Diabetes Management
- Getting to Goal: How Thiazide-Type Diuretics, Following the Guidelines, and Improving Patient Adherence Can Help
- A Special Supplement on Men's Health
- Managing Type 2 Diabetes in Men
- Addressing Unmet Needs With Injectable Medications in Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- Using Multi-Condition Assessment to Optimize Management of Mental Health in Primary Care
- Effect of Non–Insulin-Based Glucose-Lowering Therapies on Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
Hot Topics in Primary Care
- The Benefits and Risks of Oral Antiplatelet Therapy in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Elements for Success in Managing Type 2 Diabetes With SGLT-2 Inhibitors
- Control of COPD Symptoms: Addressing an Unmet Need
- Role of the Kidney in Type 2 Diabetes and Mechanism of Action of Sodium Glucose Cotransporter-2 Inhibitors
- Management of Daily Glycemic Fluctuations in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Vitamin and Mineral Intake Is Inadequate for Most Americans: What Should We Advise Patients About Supplements?