Changes related to aging alone typically don’t interfere with one’s ability to function independently. These tips and tools can help ensure an...
The author’s wife struggled with Alzheimer’s disease for 10 years. The insights he provides here are drawn from his experience—and the literature...
In this "3 in 3" video, David A. Williams, PhD, discusses psychological and behavioral approaches to chronic pain and describes a common misstep...
The recent passing of the founding publisher of The Journal of Family Practice, David Warfield Stires, is an occasion to honor and...
Cannavaping—the inhalation of a cannabis-containing aerosol, created by a battery-driven, heated atomizer in e-cigarettes or similar devices1...
Patients on warfarin + antiplatelet/NSAID regimens are likely to benefit from the gastroprotective effect of PPIs. For patients taking warfarin...
If we gather data and fund research, we can make changes to reduce deaths while maintaining the right to own a firearm.
EVIDENCE-BASED ANSWER: It is unclear, but studies suggest that it should be based largely on individual risk. The American Academy of Pediatric...
This patient’s rash followed recent treatment for back pain. Was this a drug reaction or something else?
Both of this youngster’s big toes were swollen, yet there was no history of trauma or unusual exposure.
► Hip pain
► Difficulty walking
► Tenderness along the anteromedial thigh and groin
These interactions can affect contraceptive efficacy, increase bleeding risk, or lead to rhabdomyolysis. This practical guide can help you avoid...
These 5 practice-changing initiatives can help reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies and allow women to take more control of their...
Hot Topics in Primary Care
- Hot Topics in Primary Care
- Major Depressive Disorder in the Primary Care Setting: Strategies to Achieve Remission and Recovery
- Practical Approaches in the Management of Bipolar Depression: Overcoming Challenges and Avoiding Pitfalls
- A Special Supplement on Women’s Health
- Integrating Incretin-Based Therapy into Type 2 Diabetes Management
- Getting to Goal: How Thiazide-Type Diuretics, Following the Guidelines, and Improving Patient Adherence Can Help
- A Special Supplement on Men's Health
- Managing Type 2 Diabetes in Men
- Addressing Unmet Needs With Injectable Medications in Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- Using Multi-Condition Assessment to Optimize Management of Mental Health in Primary Care
- Effect of Non–Insulin-Based Glucose-Lowering Therapies on Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
Hot Topics in Primary Care
- The Benefits and Risks of Oral Antiplatelet Therapy in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Elements for Success in Managing Type 2 Diabetes With SGLT-2 Inhibitors
- Control of COPD Symptoms: Addressing an Unmet Need
- Role of the Kidney in Type 2 Diabetes and Mechanism of Action of Sodium Glucose Cotransporter-2 Inhibitors
- Management of Daily Glycemic Fluctuations in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Vitamin and Mineral Intake Is Inadequate for Most Americans: What Should We Advise Patients About Supplements?