Commentaries on cases involving a 26-year-old woman with a history of chronic constipation and a 27-year-old man with a 3-day history of severe...
Law & Medicine
Commentaries on cases involving hypoglycemia in a 44-year-old man with type 1 diabetes and hyperkalemia in a 59-year-old man with weakness and...
Key clinical point: Many patients presenting with acute MI had unrecognized diabetes and, in most cases, that DM remained undiagnosed, untreated,...
Government and Regulations
Key clinical point: Adoption of the less aggressive blood pressure goal of 150/90 mm Hg for patients age 60 and older as recommended in the 2014...
- Over 40% of Americans have experience with medical errors
- Residents getting unprecedented attention from employers
- CMS alerts physicians of payment reductions for PQRS noncompliance
- Back to the Future, Part 2: Community Paramedicine
- Young adults lead the ranks of recently insured
- Safety issues not that unusual in medical offices
- Physicians shift on support of single-payer system
- Say ‘Aloha’ to the best health care
- U.S. opioid, heroin overdose deaths may be one-fifth higher than reported
- Senate sinks GOP health care reform effort
Foreign body insertions, Pt 1