October 2017, Vol. 100, No. 4
Rosacea is a skin condition mediated by a proinflammatory predisposition on the skin. A cosmeceutical approach supports the stable microbiome of...
Lack of Significant Anti-inflammatory Activity With Clindamycin in the Treatment of Rosacea: Results of 2 Randomized, Vehicle-Controlled Trials
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin disease of the face. The objective of the studies described here was to evaluate the efficacy of...
When tasked with outlining updated therapy regimens for rosacea, specific patient vignettes come to mind. A 53-year-old male golfer presents with...
Growing incentives to control health care costs may cause accountable care organizations (ACOs) to reconsider how skin disease is best managed...
Patient-Reported Outcomes of Azelaic Acid Foam 15% for Patients With Papulopustular Rosacea: Secondary Efficacy Results From a Randomized, Controlled, Double-blind, Phase 3 Trial
Patient-reported treatment outcomes are important for evaluating the impact of drug therapies on patient experience. A randomized, double-blind,...
Investigator-Reported Efficacy of Azelaic Acid Foam 15% in Patients With Papulopustular Rosacea: Secondary Efficacy Outcomes From a Randomized, Controlled, Double-blind, Phase 3 Trial
Papulopustular rosacea (PPR) is characterized by centrofacial papules and pustules commonly associated with erythema. To compare investigator-...
Rosacea patients need to understand the cascade of events that take place in the pathogenesis of the disease. Most patients may have a combination...
In the millennia before the advent of antibiotic therapy, the leading cause of human mortality was infectious disease.
This supplement is not available online.
In recent years, resistance to antimicrobial drugs has become increasingly widespread, resulting in a health threat of epidemic proportions. The...
Tolerance of Fragranced and Fragrance-Free Facial Cleansers in Adults With Clinically Sensitive Skin
Although mild, fragrance-free, nonfoaming cleansers generally are recommended for individuals with sensitive skin, many consumers choose...
Sodium sulfacetamide is effective in the management of a variety of inflammatory facial dermatoses and often is used in combination with sulfur...
Leading dermatologists offered their recommendations on the top products for sensitive skin. See what they’re recommending to their patients and...
Fast Facts for Board Review
As part of our commitment to resident education, Cutis is excited to offer this monthly section with board-relevant, easy-to-review material....
- Irregular Erythematous Patch on the Face of an Infant
- Cyanosis of the Foot
- Recalcitrant Ulcer on the Lower Leg
- Tender Edematous Nodules on the Hand
- Hyperpigmented Patch on the Leg
- Bullous Lesions in a Neonate
- Solitary Nodule With White Hairs
- Necrotic Ulcer on the Thigh
- Chronic Diffuse Erythematous Papulonodules
- Eroded Plaque on the Lower Lip
Clinical findings & treatment of rosacea
- Debunking Actinic Keratosis Myths: Are Patients With Darker Skin At Risk for Actinic Keratoses?
- Optical Coherence Tomography in Dermatology
- Clinical Pearl: Mastering the Flexible Scalpel Blade With the Banana Practice Model
- Avoiding Disasters With Injectables: Tips From Charlene Lam at the Summer AAD
- Birth Control Pills for Acne: Tips From Julie Harper at the Summer AAD
- Clindamycin Phosphate–Tretinoin Combination Gel Revisited: Status Report on a Specific Formulation Used for Acne Treatment
- When Do Efficacy Outcomes in Clinical Trials Correlate With Clinical Relevance? Analysis of Clindamycin Phosphate 1.2%–Benzoyl Peroxide 3.75% Gel in Moderate to Severe Acne Vulgaris
- Status Report From the American Acne & Rosacea Society on Medical Management of Acne in Adult Women, Part 3: Oral Therapies
- Status Report From the American Acne & Rosacea Society on Medical Management of Acne in Adult Women, Part 2: Topical Therapies
- Status Report From the American Acne & Rosacea Society on Medical Management of Acne in Adult Women, Part 1: Overview, Clinical Characteristics, and Laboratory Evaluation