October 2017, Vol. 100, No. 4
Skin of Color
Assessing the Effectiveness of Knowledge-Based Interventions in Increasing Skin Cancer Awareness, Knowledge, and Protective Behaviors in Skin of Color Populations
Skin of color (SOC) populations (ie, blacks, Hispanics, Asians) are at a notably higher risk for mortality from skin cancers such as melanoma than...
Rice and rice products, such as rice cereal and rice snacks, contain inorganic arsenic. Exposure to arsenicin utero and during early life may be...
Dr. Daniel Siegel discusses the value of the SkinVision app for skin cancer detection. This app is available in Europe and Australia and is...
Dr. Daniel Siegel provides an overview of imaging in dermatology including the value of optical coherence tomography for diagnosing and...
Military pilots may be at greater risk for skin cancer, particularly melanoma. Military-specific studies are limited, but skin cancer rates in...
Dr. Orit Markowitz reviews noninvasive imaging devices including dermoscopy, confocal microscopy, and optical coherence tomography. She explains...
Dr. Orit Markowitz discusses her dermoscopic approach to pursue very early cancerous lesions using a color wheel. She explains how colors are...
Optical coherence tomography (OCT), an emerging noninvasive imaging modality, recently received category III Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)...
Dermoscopy is used as an adjunct to clinical examination in the diagnosis of skin lesions, including melanoma. Videodermoscopy,...
This patient edition discusses photoaging and the process that leads to older-looking skin. Skin cancer risks are evaluated as well as prevention...
Confocal microscopy is an imaging tool that uses a laser system to image the skin noninvasively with cellular resolution. With both in vivo and ex...
Dr. Anthony Rossi discusses the use of ex vivo confocal microscopy to aid in the diagnosis of skin disease and skin tumors. He explains how this...
Previous studies have demonstrated incomplete sunscreen self-application to various facial regions in cosmetic surgery patients, but there is no...
Melanoma-associated hypopigmentation frequently has been reported during the disease course and can include different characteristics such as...
Reflectance confocal microscopy (RCM) has recently received Category I Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes by...
Early detection of skin cancer is essential to reducing morbidity and mortality from both melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancers. Total-body skin...
- Irregular Erythematous Patch on the Face of an Infant
- Cyanosis of the Foot
- Recalcitrant Ulcer on the Lower Leg
- Tender Edematous Nodules on the Hand
- Hyperpigmented Patch on the Leg
- Bullous Lesions in a Neonate
- Solitary Nodule With White Hairs
- Necrotic Ulcer on the Thigh
- Chronic Diffuse Erythematous Papulonodules
- Eroded Plaque on the Lower Lip
Diagnosing skin malignancies with confocal microscopy
- Debunking Actinic Keratosis Myths: Are Patients With Darker Skin At Risk for Actinic Keratoses?
- Optical Coherence Tomography in Dermatology
- Clinical Pearl: Mastering the Flexible Scalpel Blade With the Banana Practice Model
- Avoiding Disasters With Injectables: Tips From Charlene Lam at the Summer AAD
- Birth Control Pills for Acne: Tips From Julie Harper at the Summer AAD
Quantitative ABCD Skin Lesion Parameters Assessed
September 27, 2017
Second Opinions for Melanocytic Lesions Examined
September 13, 2017
Melanoma Brain Metastasis Risk Factors Examined
August 30, 2017
Renal Transplant Recipients and Melanoma Risk
August 23, 2017
FDA Expands Use for Yervoy to Pediatric Patients
August 23, 2017
- Videodermoscopy as a Novel Tool for Dermatologic Education
- Completeness of Facial Self-application of Sunscreen in Cosmetic Surgery Patients
- Online Patient-Reported Reviews of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Qualitative Analysis of Positive and Negative Experiences
- Update on New Drugs in Dermatology
- Sunscreens Causing Cancer? The Facts
Must-Have Dermatology App for Skin Cancer Detection: Report From the Mount Sinai Fall Symposium
Imaging Overview: Report From the Mount Sinai Fall Symposium
Noninvasive Imaging: Report From the Mount Sinai Fall Symposium
Color Wheel Approach to Diagnosing Skin Cancer: Report From the Mount Sinai Fall Symposium
Ex Vivo Confocal Microscopy in Clinical Practice: Report From the AAD Meeting
- Clindamycin Phosphate–Tretinoin Combination Gel Revisited: Status Report on a Specific Formulation Used for Acne Treatment
- When Do Efficacy Outcomes in Clinical Trials Correlate With Clinical Relevance? Analysis of Clindamycin Phosphate 1.2%–Benzoyl Peroxide 3.75% Gel in Moderate to Severe Acne Vulgaris
- Status Report From the American Acne & Rosacea Society on Medical Management of Acne in Adult Women, Part 3: Oral Therapies
- Status Report From the American Acne & Rosacea Society on Medical Management of Acne in Adult Women, Part 2: Topical Therapies
- Status Report From the American Acne & Rosacea Society on Medical Management of Acne in Adult Women, Part 1: Overview, Clinical Characteristics, and Laboratory Evaluation